• Started Boxing and Martial Arts Training at age 11
• First Degree Black Belt – Shotokan Karate
• Fourth Degree Black Belt – Isshinryu Karate
• Third Degree Black Sash – Shaolin Gung Fu (Private Student of Master James S, Cook)
• Instructor Level- Wu Wei Chuan Lum, (a private student of founder William ”Sarge” Edwards).
• Full Instructor – Jeet Kune Do Grappling Association, Private student of Founder Larry Hartsell
• 12 years of competitions, State and Nationally Rated
Founded Universal Martial Arts Systems in 1992
• 2 years instructing at McAnulty Karate Academy, Shotokan Karate – Blairsville, PA
• 3 years at Tri-State Martial Arts Academy, Shaolin Kung Fu – Stubenville, OH
• Instructed Kung Fu and Self Defense Courses – David Lipscomb College, Nashville, TN
• 2 years at the Martial Arts and Sports Plex, Integrated Martial Arts – Pittsburgh, PA
• Instructed an accredited Personnel Protection Course, Community College of Allegheny County – Pittsburgh, PA
• Universal Martial Arts Studio, Integrated Martial arts curriculum.
• Coached fighters for amateur and professional Martial Arts Competitions appeared on Pay per View Events.
• Prepared numerous military personnel for Middle East deployment
• Conditioned Law Enforcement Cadets for physical training and defensive tactics prior to entering academies.
• Developed Edged and Blunt Weapons, Close Quarter Combatives, and Ground Survival Courses for military and law enforcement agencies.
• Personally trained well known musicians, entertainers, and professional athletes.
• Universal Marital Arts Systems – Universal Defensive Tactics – Founder, Chief Instructor.
• D.C.S.O. Nashville TN. – Instruct Subject control, Firearms, Baton, Chemical Weapons.
• Mr. Red Dougherty (Boxing Hall of Fame Trainer of Heavyweight Contender Billy Conn) – Swissvale, PA
• Mr. James McAnulty (3rd Degree Black Belt in Shotokan Karate, a top competitor in the early 1970’s) – Blacklick, PA
• Master Ted Vollrath (8th Degree Black Belt in Isshinryu, 1st Degree Black Belt in Shorin-Ji and Black Sash in Pi Lum Kung Fu) – Harrisburg, PA
• Master James Cook Jr. (8th Degree Shaolin Gung Fu, 5th Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do. A member of TRIAS International, a National and International Champion, Inducted into the Black Belt Hall of Fame) – Cleveland, OH
• Mr. William Edwards III, Founder of Wu Wei Chuan Lum (Semi Professional Boxer, Kempo Karate, Wushu Kung Fu, Judo, Jeet Kune Do under Dan Inosanto, Larry Hartsell, and Chai Sirisute) – Pittsburgh, PA
• Craig Wolfey (Black Belt Combat Jiu Jitsu, former offensive linemen for Pittsburgh Steelers, Worlds Strongest Man Competitor) – Bridgeville, PA
• Larry Hartsell (Original student of Bruce Lee, Founder/Chief Instructor of the Jun Fan – Jeet Kune Do Grappling Associations) – Los Angeles, CA
• Marshall Hunter, Machado Jiu Jitsu – Mesa, AZ
John Mark Painter
Apprentice Instructor under Kevin Johnson
Universal Martial Arts Systems
Member of International Defensive Pistol Association
Member of Glock Sport Shooting Foundation
Project Appleseed “Rifleman” Orange Hat
Began Training in 1994 with Kevin Johnson in Universal Martial Arts Systems
Other Instructors: Master Han Dong In; Tae Kwon Do 1989, Levi Montgomery 1991, Omaru Jutte; Tai Chi in 1998, Kelly Butler; PFS in 2000, Donnavan Stephens Southern Praying Mantis in 2008
Attended Seminars with: Lamar Davis; Hardcore Jeet Kune Do, Ron Ballicki; M.A.R.S., Ted Wong; Jeet Kune Do and Jesse Glover; Non Classical Gung Fu
Currently studying the Curriculum of Erik Paulson; CSW, Burton Richardson; Battlefield Kali, Matt Thornton; SBGi